Tuesday 4 May 2010

Heart of a Stranger, Little Miss Sunshine, Secret Window

Post the second... I'm doing well tonight!

#1 - HEART OF A STRANGER

Stars - Jane Seymour, Maggie Lawson
Director - Dick Lowry
Memorable Quote - yeahhh, none
Review - Yeahhh, the above image was all I could find to illustrate this, and I'm not surprised. WHAT A PILE OF CRAP seriously, wasted my life on this movie. Don't even bother with it. It's far fetched and badly acted and allover ridiculous. 1/5



#2 - LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Stars - Paul Dano, Greg Kinnear, Steve Carrel, Abigail Breslin
Director - Johnathon Dayton and Valerie Faris
Memorable Quote - 'Everyone, just... pretend to be normal.'
Review - Hah, I love this movie, hence my buying it on DVD for this rewatch. Paul Dano is just great, isn't he? And even though we only see two days of this family's life we become greatly attached to them - I have to say that anyone who doesn't laugh at the final dance scene is totally without a sense of humour. It gives you a great feeling after you've watched it and is a barrel of wry little laughs all the way through. 4/5

#3 - SECRET WINDOW

Stars - Johnny Depp, John Turturro
Director - David Koepp
Memorable Quote - 'Shoot. Her.'
Review - You've got to love Depp, right? This is a well-executed movie, containing quite possibly the cutest dog I have ever seen, and the concept is of course wonderful. Mort Rainey is a great character, acually, that you can both empathise with and hold in disregard as a madman. The ending is quite simply exquisite, also. 4/5

No comments: