Thursday 12 November 2009

Interview with the Vampire

Dum da da dum... I've finally seen it!

Title: Interview With The Vampire

Director: Neil Jordan

Stars: Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Christian Slater, Antonio Banderas, Kirsten Dunst









Review: Having looked forward to this movie for a long time (and also being a fan of Queen of the Damned), I was not disappointed. The dry humour is perfect, the cast was selected very well, and it's quite clearly a classic.

There's not much I can really say about this movie except to fangirl on about this part and that part, although I will say that the final sequence filled me with glee. I like your style, Lestat, I said to myself. Anyway, please enjoy this selection of my favourite quotes:

Louis: Where are we?
Lestat: Where do you think, my idiot friend? We're in a nice, filthy cemetery. Does this make you happy? Is this fitting, proper enough?

Claudia: Do you know what his soul said to me, without saying a word? 'Let him go', he said 'Let him go'.

Armand: They had forgotten the first lesson, that we are to be powerful, beautiful, and without regret.
Louis: And you can teach me this?
Armand: Yes.
Louis: To be without regret?
Armand: Yes.
Louis: Then what a pair we could make. But what if it's a lesson I don't care to learn?
Armand: What do you mean?
Louis: What if all I have is my suffering, my regret?
Armand: Don't you want to lose it?
Louis: Why? So you can have that too? The heart that mourns her, her that you burnt to a cinder.
Armand: Louis, I swear that I...
Louis: Ah, but I know you did. I know. You who regrets nothing, you who feels nothing. If that's all I have left to learn, I can do that on my own.

Lestat: Perfect! Just perfect! Just burn the place! Burn everything we own! Have us sleeping in the field like cattle!
Louis: You thought you could have it all...
Lestat: Oh, shut up, Louis! Mon Dieu! Come here.

Lestat: Lord, what I wouldn't give for a drop of good old-fashioned Creole blood.
Louis: Yankees are not to your taste?
Lestat: Their democratic flavor doesn't suit my palate, Louis.

Lestat: Oh Louis, Louis. Still whining Louis. Have you heard enough? I've had to listen to that for centuries.

And finally,
Lestat: I'm going to give you the choice I never had.

Ha. Anyway, this is at least a nine point five out of ten. Now I flit away, to enjoy the pile of DVDs awaiting me.

No comments: