Monday 9 November 2009

Latest Movies, and the theatre

Beginning with some brief reviews...

1. Pal Joey (starring Frank Sinatra, Rita Hayworth)
Great old-time sing-along, though thoroughly unrealistic - that dame gives in to Joey's charm far too easy, but I guess that's why the lady is a tramp.

2. Marley and Me (starring Owen Wilson, Jennifer Aniston)
Cute dog story which is really about people, all mushy and sad at the end.

3. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (starring Rupert Friend, who cares who else)
Rupert Friend is really quite hot in a uniform, so sadly I couldn't much concentrate on this. I do know that a great moral was undermined by the horror-movie ending, though. Such a shame for a movie with great potential.

Aaaand then we launch into the theatre.

Went to see Sister Act at the London Palladium, starring, among others, the estimable Ian Lavender. The show was great and funny, the Spanish guy and various tramps being notable highlights. All in all a rousing singalong, 4 stars (out of five) from me.

That's your news in brief; now I must return to the numerous projects that are heaped upon me at university, hurray!

No comments: